The new way of EXCELLENT gel documentation
Unbeatable performance – With any fluorescent dye
- Safe BLUE/Green LED light to protect user and samples
- All equipment included in one device
- Brilliant image quality with any fluorescent dye
- One light source for DNA, RNA & proteins
- Just 3 simple taps on the touchscreen to get the perfect gel image
- Password-protected data security
- Made in Germany
All In One – No additional equipment required
The FastGene® FAS-X is an impressive stand-alone system. Its elegant design and small footprint (only 40 cm) allow it to fit into any laboratory environment. No external computer is required.
Enhanced interaction via the 13.3” full HD touch screen provides a simple user experience, while large storage capacity (128 GB) and network compatibility improve data management and workflow efficiency.The transilluminator is integrated into a push-to-open loading drawer ensuring absolute darkness and the best image quality without light contamination.
Brilliant image quality
- Equipped with a 20 MPixel colour camera, FastGene® FAS-X provides high resolution gel images and simplifies the process of selecting the area of interest on your gel.
- The camera‘s scientific-grade 1 inch CMOS sensor offers a remarkable sensitivity, detecting nucleic acids at concentrations as low as 2 ng. This ensures that every detail is captured with precision for publication-quality images. Don‘t let any band go unnoticed!
- The giant transilluminator with a viewing area of 26 cm x 21 cm ensures perfect illumination of all gel sizes, large gels as well as multiple gels.
- The prefocused optical unit allows you to capture images without the need to refocus, saving you time and allowing you to capture images faster.
Not UV, not Blue LED, but Blue/Green LED! SAFE gel imaging to protect you and your samples
UV light is dangerous and destructive. Blue LEDs have poor sensitivity to many dyes. With the FAS-X, it is time to say goodbye to these problems! Our unique Blue/Green LED technology protects the user and will boost your results with incredible sensitivity.
- The most important innovation is the implementation of the Blue/Green LED technology (learn more about the technology). No harmful UV-light is used, so there is no risk of UV light exposure!
- Commonly used UV light poses risks not only to the user but also to the sample. Blue/Green LED technology works within the wavelengths of a light spectrum ranging from 470 nm to 520 nm. This range of light is in the visible spectrum and is not harmful to the user or the DNA sample, making the gel documentation process safer.
- One light source for DNA, RNA and proteins! In addition to its remarkable safety, the integrated Blue/Green LED light effectively excites a wide range of common red (incl. EtBr) and green DNA dyes as well as fluorescent proteins with very high intensity. This is achieved by accumulating the light energy absorbed by the fluorophores (figure 1).
Documentation beyond fluorescent gels is possible with the additional white light. The filter wheel in the FAS-X offers the advantage of effortlessly switching between fluorescence (Blue/Green LED light) and the white light mode.
Together with the included white plate, the white light mode can be used to visualize colourimetric PAGE protein gels with an impressive quality. In addition, high-resolution images of (colourimetric) western blot membranes or bacterial colony plates can be obtained in white light mode.
- The software has been designed to make operating the instrument and communicating with the camera as easy as possible.
- The user-friendly interface is integrated into the touch screen large 13.3“and allows you to capture the best gel formations with a few simple clicks.
- The software also includes a powerful editing function.
YOUR CHOICE: AUTO or PRO mode
Only 3 taps to get the perfect gel image
- Turn on Blue/Green LED lamps
- Adjust the brightness
- Capture the image
Customised fine-tuning gets you to the image you want
The PRO mode gives you full control over the image capture settings. You can fine-tune the brightness, zoom in and change the color scheme (color, monochrome and inverted colours) to get the image you want.
The functionality of PRO mode extends to multi-image recording with 3 or 5 images recoreded with different exposure times. This allows you to quickly select the perfect shot.
Password-protected data security
In the constantly changing world of lab tech, safety and data security are top priorities. Equipped with multiple user login and robust password protection, the FAS-X empowers researchers to safeguard their work like never before!